Guidelines to Retrieve Files from External HDD without Formatting
Hard drives, especially external hard disks are most widely used around the globe, as we can easily store, transfer our data with convenience and easy way. Even though, it has some advantages over computer’s internal hard disk, we may face some troubles sometimes, due to which we face huge amount of data loss from external hard drives.
We usually connect our hard drives to many computers at our work places, home, schools, colleges, etc to transfer some data. Sometimes, in hurry, we may forcefully eject it from the computer, which may lead to corruption of the hard drive. When we plug in corrupted external hard drive to any system, we may encounter format error message like “Disk in the drive not formatted, do you want to format it now?”. In such circumstance, if we press ‘Yes’ option, we lose all our crucial data within no time. Unless, we format our external hard drive, we can’t be able to access it anymore.
We may encounter format error message in various circumstances. Let us know few common scenarios that lead to format error message::
- When our external hard drive is severely corrupted by some external threats like viruses and malwares, we may encounter format error message, when we connect it to our system
- Abrupt removal of external hard disk from the system, when accessing its data or repeatedly connecting and disconnecting it from the computer may corrupt the hard drive. As a result of this, we may encounter format error message
- When the file system of the external hard drive gets corrupt, its damn sure that we will face format error message.
In case, if you have formatted your external hard disk at that point of time,
no need of worrying, because Removable Drive Recovery software is capable of
recovering data from formatted external hard disk with same ease. To know how
to get back data from formatted Maxtor external HDD, just visit this link
- If we store large amount of data on an external hard drive partition or else if we try to save any files, when its memory is full, we will encounter format error message.
In case, if your external hard drive is showing format error message and still you are in confusion mood of whether to format it not, then do not bother, just make use of Removable Drive Recovery software and easily recover files from external hard drive without formatting it in few simple steps.
Additionally, this software is
proficient enough to recover files from Kodak camera memory card as well as
from other brands of digital camera SD cards with utmost ease.
Tool to recover files from external hard drive without formatting:
Removable Drive Recovery is a professional and reliable data recovery tool, which will guide you how to recover files from external hard drive without formatting it in an easy way. Its advanced scanning technology assists in scanning and recovering data from inaccessible external hard drive. This software supports recovery of several types of files such as documents, PowerPoint files, spreadsheets, PDF files, images, videos, music files, system files, and many more with ease. Furthermore, it can restore data from external hard disk without formatting it on all the latest versions of Windows and Mac operating systems. This tool can not only retrieve files from external HDD without formatting, but even it has an ability to recover data from formatted as well as corrupted external hard disk with greater ease.
This utility can be utilized to
recover data from Buffalo external hard disk, Iomega, Seagate, Western
Digital, and other leading brands of external hard drives with ease.
Unique features of this program:
- This software is available in two versions, Demo and full versions.
- You can evaluate the performance of the software by downloading and running Demo version at free of cost. Demo version scans and recovers almost all files from external hard disk within few couple of clicks.
- Once, it completes scanning process, all the recovered files can be previewed prior to recovered files restoration. “Save Recovery Session” option in the demo version allows you to save the entire data recovery process. Hence, once you purchase the software, without performing the rescanning of the external hard drive, you can resume the saved recovery session by using “Open Recovery Session” option.
- This software is designed with special scanning algorithms, such that it even assists in
recovering data from corrupted pen drive as well as from other devices like external hard disks, thumb drives, xD cards, SD cards, FireWire drives, CF cards, and many more.
Procedure to recover files from external hard drive without
Step 1: Launch the external drive recovery software. Home window opens up as shown in Figure 1. Click on "Recover Partitions/Drives" to proceed.
Figure 1: Home Window
Step 2: On the next window you will get two options.Choose
either Partition Recovery or Formatted/Reformatted Recovery. After this you will
get list of drives from which software can recover data as shown in Figure 2.
Select your external hard disk drive and click on "Next".
Figure 2: Select External Hard Drive
Step 3: Software starts scanning the external hard drive to locate and retrieve files. Once the scanning process is completed, you will get list of recovered data as shown in Figure 3.
Figure 3: Recovered Data
Step 4: Evaluate the recovered results using "Preview" option of the software. If you are happy with recovered results, purchase the licensed version of the software to save recovered data.